California Industrial Hemp Program
The California Industrial Hemp Farming Act (Senate Bill 566, Chapter 398, Statutes of 2013) was signed into law to authorize the commercial production of industrial hemp in California. The Act became effective on January 1, 2017, due to a provision in the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (Proposition 64, November 2016).
As directed by this Act, the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) is developing a program to administer this new law. The first step of this process is establish an Industrial Hemp Advisory Board. With assistance from the Board, CDFA will further develop the registration process, fee structure, regulations, and other administrative details as necessary to provide for the commercial production of industrial hemp in accordance with the Act.
For more information, contact the California Industrial Hemp Program at email@example.com.
- California Industrial Hemp Law and Regulations
- Proposed CA State Regulatory Plan for Hemp Production
- List of Registered Industrial Hemp Growers and Breeders
- Industrial Hemp Registration Summary
- Approved Testing Laboratory List
- CCIA Industrial Hemp Seed Certification Standards
- Visit California Industrial Hemp Program