SOCIETY OF CANNABIS CLINICIANS
The Society of Cannabis Clinicians is a nonprofit educational and scientific society of physicians and health care professionals dedicated to the education and research support of cannabis for medical use. Its mission is to unite into one association, members of the various medical specialties and allied professionals, with this common purpose.
The goals of the Society are as follows:
- Expansion of knowledge on the medical use of cannabis
- Facilitation of best practice standards for cannabis consultations
- To study, discuss and make recommendations relating to research, practice and policy in the medical use of cannabis
- To further the recruitment of medical graduates and healthcare professionals willing to recommend cannabis to patients
- To maintain and advance the highest possible ideals and service standards in the education, practice and research in the medical use of cannabis
The Society of Cannabis Clinicians (SCC) was formed as a project of the California Cannabis Research Medical Group (CCRMG) in the Autumn of 2004 by the member physicians of the CCRMG to aid in the promulgation of voluntary standards for clinicians engaged in the recommendation and approval of cannabis under California law (HSC §11362.5).
The SCC’s new Clinical Training Curriculum offers education missing from most health professional schools and clinical programs.
- Click here for resources
- Click here for continuing education
- Find a cannabis expert in your area including, but not limited to the U.S.A., Canada, Australia, Europe